GERIATRIC NURSING COURSES
We currently offer a range of unique geriatric training courses for caregivers; we have also penned a few classes for family members who have interest in caring for their senior loved one. We offer a variety of one day courses, seminars as well as virtual training sessions to assist you in getting equipped in caring for the elderly.
Our courses will benefit you if:
- You are interested in becoming a caregiver
- You have an interest in migrating internationally or regionally
- You have an elderly parent and you are currently the sole caretaker
- You have an elderly family member
- You are currently providing care without a certificate
- You are providing care with a certificate but it is not internationally recognized
- You have dreams of opening your own geriatric nursing facility
- You are interested in building a lasting relationship within a community of carers like yourself.
Every person enrolled at our institute benefits from our internationally accredited Geriatric Carer Programs, new friendships are forged, new skills are learned and old skills are enhanced! Our community fosters growth and development in all aspects of a caregiver’s journey.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The Aging Process
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communicating with the elderly
- Nutrition for the elderly
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Human Body
- First Aid and Emergency care for seniors
- Care of Specific Medical Conditions in seniors
- Work Ethics and Professionalism
AND SO MUCH MORE!
- Flexible Study hours
- Flexible payment options
- Student Manual
- Student Uniform
- Study among your peers in a comfortable classroom setting
- Small classes of no more than 10 persons
- Online studying
SHORT COURSES AVAILABLE
- Aged Care Counselling
- Palliative Care Nurse
- Diabetes Care Certification
- Geriatric Nursing Course - Level 1
- Geriatric Nursing Course - Level 3
- Geriatric Care-Home Manager - Level 5
- Alzheimer and Dementia Care Nurse Level 1
- Alzheimer and Dementia Care Nurse Level 2
- Dental Assistant Technician
- Mental Heath Technician
- Physical Therapy Aide Certification
- Medical Administrative Assistant Certification
- EKG Technician Certification
- Gerontological Social Work
- Gerontological Social Worker Advanced certificate 1
- Gerontological Social Worker Advanced certificate 2
- Geriatric Refreshers Workshop
- Dementia Behavioural Therapy
- Function Focused Care Intervention
- Mental Health and Ageing
- Personality Disorders and Ageing
- Geriatric Staff Training
WHY CHOOSE US
Global Seniorcare Institute Ltd is an organization in Trinidad and Tobago who can legally Certify and License our students to practice their specialty not only here, but throughout the Caribbean and Internationally. We are accredited by eduQual, who is a regulated awarding body, approved by SQA-Accreditation, a globally-recognised national qualifications regulator in the UK.
GSI is also affiliated with US based companies (AMCA) American Medical Certification Association and are duly authorized by them to conduct training on their behalf.
GSI is an Accredited Institution offering a range of unique internationally recognised certificate courses
Our courses are affordable. To further assist students, we have introduced flexible payment plans which allows tuition payment in installments
Our students can attest to this, having a Mental Health Professional on site has proven to be an asset to GSI and its students.
Every year we show appreciation to our Students at our Award Ceremony and Appreciation Dinner.